After stuffing our faces we chatted with my family via skype. Crazy trying to talk to the whole family at once and with a crazy sister always popping in front of the screen (cough, cassie) but it always makes us feel like we're there so it was fun. We are definately grateful for family, friends, and food.
Getting ready for Christmas was a blast. We got to hang up our lights, cut down our own tree! and decorate it. Apparently all the holiday cheer drove Bama Lu to the bottle.
For Christmas our best present was being able to go our motherland. It was crazy/fun trying to see everybody and bounce back from bridger's family and friends and mine. We also got to celebrate our 1st year anniversary!! WOO HOO. The day was eerily like our wedding day with a deadly blizzard. It thwarted our snowmobiling plans, but as usual we have fun with whatever we do and had a great day. Our room at the Anniversary Inn ended up being one called the "Blue Bayou". We apparently can't get away from the South.
This new year started off a lot differently from last year. For one we were awake when it struck midnight. This time we were driving home from the airport and had a not-so-typical celebration. We pulled off to the side of the road, ran around our car, and shouted happy new year.
Another difference is that Bridger didn't leave three days after we got back to leave me for two months. So that's a bonus...or not. Just kidding. We both have been super busy with work. Bridger's working on his Instruments course and gets to fly in simulators. Sounds easy since he's practically playing video games all day, but its actually pretty tough and a lot of hard work. He's doing great as usual though and proving that this is what he's meant to do.
I'm keeping busy with my fabulous fourth graders. Testing is coming in march and already stressing me out. My students are mostly good, but I've had to come back down on them recently to whip them back into shape. Young Womans has been fun and our New beginnings is coming up next week. My first one as a leader so cross your fingers for me. I think it'll be well. Every sunday I am amazed at how strong our youth are and gives me hope. Oh and my Master's class started back up this month. So Bridger and I might be together this time but our time is definately filled up.
Next week I'm turning 23! I look forward to a great year in 2011 and being another year wiser.
1 comment:
Wow, what a busy schedule!! I love your positive, can-do attitude. Ain't nothin' gonna break your stride :) Love reading about your life!!! And I'm glad we were able to get together while you were here - thanks again for coordinating that. Love ya always, Peg!
Post a Comment