Sunday, August 15, 2010

so i'm pretty much horrible at keeping up with this blog stuff, but we've had a lot of fun this summer. just recently my sister, mom and dad came out to visit us and to help me set up my classroom. I got a hired to teach the 4th grade! i'm very excited and nervous at the same time. I've done a lot to get ready for it (and so has my family) but i'm sure there is still tons of things i'm forgetting. Guess i'll find out on Aug. 23rd which is the first day of school.

Here's a few pictures. The one on the left is when we took them to our favorite littl oasis, Shark Tooth Creek. The other one is of my happy little helpers after i worked them to bone in my classroom. It turned out great though so it was worth it. Right guys...?




















Bridger also starts SERE on the 23rd. This is his survival course. He will not be able to contact me for 3 weeks. So while i'm dealing with the antics of 4th graders, he will be trying to evade getting captured, suffer a little torture, and try to survive in the woods. (i still think i have it harder).




This last picture is of our sweet puppy Bama Lu. I couldn't resist buying her a polka dot bikini!


4 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

Yay!!! I've missed my Peg-posts :) You're gonna be such a fabulous 4th grade teacher! I kind of wish I could be in your class :) Make sure to play lots of Quiet-Ball & instill that 5,280 feet are in a mile!

And haha, atta girl - I love the dog-bikini. They have to show off their bod too, right?

Snarrs said...

yes finally you write on your blog! your classroom looks so good! your gonna be an awesome teacher! and i want a bikini for my dog now

Mom said...

Hey, where are my bikini photos? And the ones of Bama helping in the class? Got them mixed up again? Good luck to you both as you both learn to survive this week! Love ya, MOm and Dad

Stephanie said...

I love Bama's new look! Good luck this week and the other two weeks. I hope tomorrow goes perfect for you!